Dave Jones is an associate attorney at Hackard Law. Dave is a veteran Sacramento criminal law attorney who is dedicated to protecting to his clients and their rights. He also is engaged in trust, estate and probate law for Sacramento and all of Northern California.
A native of Sacramento, attorney Dave Jones is dedicated to protecting client rights and upholding constitutional safeguards. Jones is a veteran trial attorney: after graduating Thomas Jefferson Law School in San Diego, he served as deputy public defender in Tulare County and won nearly 2/3 of all his jury trials. Jones also represented indigent criminal defendants at the California Court of Appeals, where he challenged convictions at no cost to the defendant.
Jones has also proven his skill in civil jury trials, winning a recent employment law jury trial against a prominent local businessman and a local law school. Jones attended and graduated from the renowned Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College at Thunderhead Ranch in Dubois, Wyoming. In further recognition of his verified experience, peer recommendations, and spotless professional ethics record, Jones is also Lead Counsel Rated.
His experience in pre-trial negotiations, motion practice, jury selection, and trials in the courtroom are all invaluable to anyone facing litigation or trial.
Areas of Practice
- 30% Estate Litigation
- 15% Civil Litigation
- 5% Criminal Defense
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 2005
- California State Courts and Courts of Appeal, 2005
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2016
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 2004
- UCLA, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. - 1995
Honors and Awards
- American Jurisprudence Award - California Criminal Procedure, August 14, 2004 - December 9, 2004
- American Jurisprudence Award - Remedies, August 14, 2004 - December 9, 2004
- Lead Counsel Rated - Probate Law, June 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016
- Lead Counsel Rated - Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor, January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2016
- Full Tuition Merit-based Scholarship, August 14, 2002 - December 9, 2004
- National Dean's List, August 14, 2002 - June 1, 2003
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law Honor Roll, August 14, 2002 - December 9, 2004
- Fellow, Center for Law and Justice, August 14, 2003 - December 9, 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College, Alumni, July 31, 2016 - Present
- Federalist Society, Member, August 6, 2015 - Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Certified Legal Clerk - San Diego Public Defender's Office, December 1, 2003 - December 20, 2004
- San Diego Volunteer Lawyer, Domestic Violence Restraining Order Clinic, August 1, 2003 - December 1, 2003
- American Red Cross Health & Safety Instructor, January 1, 1997 - October 31, 2005
Keywords: Sacramento Criminal Law Attorney, Sacramento Criminal Lawyer, Criminal Lawyer Sacramento, Criminal Attorney Sacramento