Michael Hackard heads Hackard Law, an estate, trust and probate law firm in Sacramento, CA. A veteran of the legal field with 40 years' experience, Michael Hackard is devoted to protecting his clients.
Michael A. Hackard
Michael A. Hackard has practiced law for 39 years. His practice includes Trust Litigation, Personal Injury – Plaintiff, Wrongful Death – Plaintiff, Estate Planning and Business and Commercial Matters. Michael regularly represents clients in California and federal courts and his experience has also included representing clients before federal, state and local legislative and administrative bodies.
Michael is a native of Sacramento, California. His practice includes the representation of out-of-state clients in California related legal matters. Michael is committed to lifelong learning and this learning has included executive-level courses at Dartmouth University’s Tuck School of Business, the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, Columbia Business School and Northwest University’s Kellogg School of Management.
Michael is dedicated to his clients. His experience teaches him that litigation clients first seek counsel that will listen and be committed to them. This commitment included an understanding that the client’s personal and/or financial safety is often paramount coupled with the need for real time efforts to prevent disputed matters from getting worse.
Michael’s general philosophy includes dedication to clients, legal excellence, a serious commitment to professional ethics, the finest ongoing professional training, and unashamedly applying important beliefs, ethics and values. He is proud to lead legal teams that reflect these values.
Michael Hackard is a top rated “AV” for over 20 years (“AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment- a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.”). Avvo also ranks him with their highest rating – “ 10.0 Rating – ‘Superb.’” Michael is also a “SuperLawyer” – an honor reserved for no more than five percent of attorneys in each state.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- 35% Trusts
- 15% Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- 10% Estate Planning
- 25% Business and Commercial Law
- 15% Wrongful Death - Plaintiff
- 75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1985
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1976
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1976
- California State University, Sacramento, Sacramento, California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1972
- Major: Government, History, Sociology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member, 1976 - Present
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member, 2012 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Hackard & Holt, Partner, 1993 - 1998
Pro Bono Activities
- Board Chair, "Preserving Our Past…Building Our Future" - Diocese of Sacramento, 2005 - 2006
- Member, Board of Trustees, Jesuit High School, Sacramento, California, 2002 - 2008
Keywords: Michael Hackard, Sacramento Estate Lawyer, Sacramento Probate Litigation, Trust Lawyer Sacramento, Sacramento Trust Attorney, Probate Lawyer