Choosing to be in control of your finances is a great stress reliever. At Hackard Law, A Professional Law Corporation, we help families with multimillion-dollar estates as well as those just beginning to accumulate assets plan for the future and protect their loved ones.
You may have an estate plan in place, but are you certain that it serves your current needs? We work with a number of clients who recognize that their life situation has changed dramatically since their estate plan was originally created and they need to address new challenges in real time. These may include deaths in the family, marriage, divorce, remarriage, business succession concerns or any number of issues.
Our firm has assisted individuals and families in Sacramento and throughout Northern California with estate planning needs since 1983. Founding attorney Michael A. Hackard has represented members of the Forbes 400, as well as professional athletes and a number of families with complex asset protection issues. Michael is AV Preeminent* peer review rated by Martindale-Hubbell, a testament to the fact that his peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence.
Your Wealth, Your Decisions
Our estate planning process begins by carefully listening to your concerns and understanding your objectives. Our lawyers will take the time to explain the options available to you and what each estate planning tool achieves. We can assist you with the full spectrum of estate planning needs, including:
- Wills — The foundation of any estate plan and a starting point for providing instructions on how you wish to have your assets distributed after you die
- Trusts — Can help you avoid probate and provide additional assurance that your assets will be managed according to your wishes in the event you can no longer make those decisions
- Advance health care directives — Name someone to handle decisions regarding medical treatment and your wishes regarding life-sustaining efforts if you become incapacitated
- Durable powers of attorney — Name someone to handle financial decisions on your behalf if you are unable to do so
- Business succession planning — Creates a viable plan for the continuation of a family business in the event of the retirement or death of the current leader by establishing leadership roles and other key decisions
- Asset protection — Involves efforts to protect personal assets for future generations, often by separating personal assets from business liabilities
Meeting Is The First Step Toward A Secure Future
We welcome the opportunity to review your estate planning needs during a free consultation. Contact us to schedule a meeting.
*AV Preeminent is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.