Sacramento is a great place to live and have a family, and we've got plenty to be thankful for - lots of trees and recreation areas from Land Park to Ancil Hoffman, the Sacramento and American Rivers that run through our city and nourish surrounding agricultural lands, and a prime location. After all, it's our city that is located under two hours' drive from both the Sierra Nevada and the San Francisco Bay Area - a perfect launch pad for a Northern California weekend getaway. But when life gets unpredictable and you want to secure your family's future, where do you turn for an experienced Sacramento estate attorney?
Here at Hackard Law, we're proud to serve our clients in Sacramento and surrounding communities in estate, trust and probate litigation. Michael Hackard, our firm's Managing Partner with 40 years of litigation experience and recognition as a Northern California Super Lawyer, grew up in Sacramento and is dedicated to representing both individuals and family businesses in the probate court process. Legal challenges that may arise with an estate dispute - especially litigation - often come as unpleasant surprises, or even disasters, to family members. Under Michael Hackard's leadership, the Hackard Law litigation team has one driving principle: protect our clients and minimize risk to their estate and trust assets. An inheritance symbolizes generations of hard work, the achievements of a lifetime passed on to those we love. Hackard Law designs the safeguards for your estate or trust and is prepared for tough litigation fights to recover what's rightfully yours - that's our mission.
Estate, trust and probate litigation encompasses a wide swath of legal matters, all of which Hackard Law engages on a regular basis on behalf of clients. Among these are included:
- Power of Attorney Issues: Hackard Law helps family members who have been affected by wrongdoers who abuse powers of attorney prior to a decedent's death.
- Trust Beneficiary Litigation: We protect the interests of trust beneficiaries who have been wronged by irresponsible or unethical fiduciaries. These cases often include petitions to determine and enforce the rights and obligations of beneficiaries and trustees.
- Will Contests: Hackard Law's litigation team civilly prosecutes bad actors who hijack estates. Often such matters result from fraud, lack of testamentary capacity, or even undue influence.
- Fiduciary Duty Litigation: We help to manage and mitigate conflicts of interests while pursuing recovery from self-dealing and potential beneficiary bias.
- Creditor Claims: Hackard Law vigorously defends client estates from false claims while ensuring that lawful creditors have a right to recovery.
Hackard Law is a leader in Sacramento and Northern California estate litigation because we're devoted to serving our clients and preventing harm. We cover the entire Sacramento area and work regularly to protect client interests and property in Sacramento County Superior Court, Placer County Superior Court and El Dorado County Superior Court. If you're facing potential estate or trust litigation, don't hesitate to contact Hackard Law. Our attorneys have the experience and professional excellence to help you move toward a better resolution. Call us at 916-313-3030.