Only an hour from San Francisco yet a world away from the big city, Petaluma is a Northern California town unprecedented in its allure. Surrounded by pristine golf courses and rolling hills, this small city in Sonoma County is a resident's dream come true. With a Second Saturday Art Walk and a handful of eclectic galleries such as the Prince Gallery, Petaluma's art community thrives within the wine country of Sonoma County. This city is one of Northern California's quiet gems. Petaluma boasts a range of residents, from its active senior population to blooming families enjoying an accomplished education system. It's easy to feel like family within such a creative and friendly community.
Even when there are year round opportunities to golf, hike, and even kayak, Petaluma's residents are not immune to the unpredictability that comes with any situation. You have a right to control your finances and assets. Hackard Law's attorneys are here to help you with all your estate, trust, and probate concerns and needs. One of the best ways to protect your assets is to begin estate planning. These steps are basic safeguards against any legal obstacles that may come your way. Even in Petaluma, surprises and system failures occur in the course of everyday living. The simple truth is that having a will or trust in place can help with your security.
We all know that "life happens," and so do circumstances that go beyond any kind of planning. When litigation comes into play, you have a right to an attorney who has experience in court, including in Sonoma County Superior Court. Hackard Law's Probate, Trust, and Estate Litigation Practice group covers a wide spectrum of issues you may face. With Hackard Law attorneys analyzing and representing your concerns throughout the litigation process, you can receive the legal closure you deserve. Our seasoned and successful attorneys serve clients in a variety of cases, including:
- Power of Attorney Issues: Our attorneys will help those who have been affected by the wrongful use of powers of attorney prior to the decedent's death.
- Trust Contests: Hackard Law will prosecute and defend these contests as they often include petitions to determine and enforce the rights and obligations of beneficiaries and trustees.
- Will Contests: Our attorneys prosecute these disputes as they often result from fraud, lack of testamentary capacity, or even undue influence
- Fiduciary Duty Litigation: Management of conflicts of interests, self-dealing, beneficiary bias and actions, and also investment malpractice actions.
- Creditor Claims: Defense against false claims toward your estate or prosecution against estates for recovery of it.
The most important thing is be represented by an attorney with decades of experience working with an abundance of these types of cases. Michael Hackard, a veteran estate litigation attorney with 40 years of practice, has made Hackard Law a leader in probate, trust and estate litigation throughout Northern California. Hackard Law's work in Sonoma has led to respect between our attorneys and the Superior Court of Sonoma County. Practically nothing beats the scenic life in Petaluma, but it's also worth being prepared. You can contact us with any of your litigation needs:
10630 Mather Boulevard,
Mather, CA 95655