As summer wraps up, everyone's feeling the heat. Outside activities can even inspire occasional groans despite the closing window to experience summer's amenities. For the month of August, Hackard Law is offering our favorite summer activities to cool down and experience the broad range of culture in the Sacramento Area.
1. Take a visit to Lake Natoma's Aquatic Center. This is by far one of the best places to cool off when the temperature rises to triple digits. As a spot that is often overshadowed by Folsom Lake or Lake Tahoe, Lake Natoma is a relatively quiet spot to rest, play, and swim. There is a variety of equipment that can be borrowed - kayaks and paddle boards will add excitement to your visit.
2. Sacramento Zoo is way to feel in a completely different place without going too far from home. While during the day the sun may feel a little too strong to spend an extended amount of time there, there are other options to keep yourself a little bit cooler but just as adventurous. The Sacramento Zoo offers Overnight Safaris to groups and families so that everyone can feel a part of nature. The real question is not should you do this, but rather, are you ready to sleep next to the lions?
3. If you're looking for some air conditioned cultural enrichment, Crocker Art Museum is the place for you. Currently there is a multitude of collections for the public's viewing. With collections such as The Luster of Ages: Ancient Glass from the Marcy Friedman Collection and Glass for the New Millennium: Masterworks from the Kaplan- Ostergaard Collection, there is a fluid and rich creative atmosphere just waiting to be explored.
4. For all of the adrenaline junkies out there, Surf Xtreme in Elk Grove might just be your personal haven. While Sacramento has nowhere to catch a real ocean wave, Surf Xtreme simulates waves so that you can experience the thrill of hanging ten without the drive to the beach. This facility does more than just offer indoor surfing; it also has giant trampolines and paintball arenas, as well.
5. For those music lovers out there, summer in Sacramento is buzzing with live music for late nights. For the ultimate concert experience, head to Concerts in the Park for all of your musical needs. These concerts are signature events of the Sacramento area, making the most of cooler evening weather and easygoing vibes.
At the end of the summer, it's easy to forget about the abundance of activities in the Sacramento area. With the high temperatures, the push to get outside and experience new things might not be as strong as in June. However, these five activities help beat the heat in a laid-back and innovative way. So go and enjoy the month of August, you deserve it!