Probate in California presents a number of issues for family members who are out-of-area clients. We are regularly retained as the Sacramento probate lawyer to represent family members who need a California probate attorney to protect their interests in many of Northern California Superior Courts. Among the Courts where we regularly represent clients are included:
- Probate - Superior Court, Sacramento;
- Superior Court of California, County of Placer;
- Probate Division/Sonoma Superior Court;
- Probate-Superior Court in Alameda County;
- Probate, The Superior Court of California, County of San Mateo.
Hackard Law's out-of-area clients come from many parts of the United States. Within the last couple of years we have been the California probate attorney for clients throughout California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Alaska, Nevada, Wyoming, South Dakota, Colorado, Texas, Iowa, Illinois, Florida, North Carolina, Ohio and Virginia. We have also represented out-of-country clients from Western Europe and Mexico who needed a probate attorney in California.
We have learned that technology is an effective tool for long distance communication. Whether our client is in Roseville, Santa Rosa, Dallas or Portland the use of iPhones, email, texting, fax, Skype, USPS®, Priority Mail, UPS overnight delivery, FedEx Overnight, Priority Mail Express, Greyhound Package Express and OnTrac overcome geographic distance. Instant communications coupled with next day delivery of documents shrink the distances between attorneys and clients.
Frequent representation of out-of-area clients in California probate courts include:
• Filing petitions for probate, estate administration, Court oversight of trusts, trust accounting and probate litigation and trust litigation.
• Reviewing estate planning documents, including Wills, trusts and transfer deeds to determine the validity of Will Codicils, trust amendments and transfer deeds.
Remote representation of out-of-area clients is a 21st Century reality for trust litigation attorneys. The ability of a probate litigation attorney to email draft and final documents to out-of-state, even out-of-country clients makes the process of prompt and efficient filing of probate petitions and estate documents much easier.
Michael Hackard is a veteran attorney and recognized SuperLawyer with 40 years of experience in probate, trust and estate litigation. Contact Michael Hackard at Hackard Law or call him directly at 916-313-3031 to discuss your case and how we may represent your interests in California probate courts.