Hello, I'm Mike Hackard. I'm the chair of Hackard Law, a law firm focusing on estate, trust and elder financial abuse litigation in California's major urban areas. I'm the author of The Wolf at The Door: Undue Influence and Elder Financial Abuse. The book will come out in early autumn. This is episode 4 where I list but do not expand upon six common ways elder financial abuse can be detected.
- #1: Liabilities and unpaid bills;
- #2: Surrender of oversight;
- #3: Suspicious withdrawals;
- #4: Vanishing assets;
- #5: Changed estate documents; and
- #6: Creditors come knocking.
If you would like a free digital copy of the book when it comes out email us at [email protected]. I'm happy to share this book on this very important topic.