What are the Five Most Common Alameda Trust Lawsuits?
- November 20, 2019 - Abused Beneficiaries, Trust Litigation,
Alameda County represents most of the East Bay and is home to 1.6 million people. It’s California’s seventh largest county and includes the cities Oakland, Berkeley, Fremont, San Leandro, Pleasanton and Castro Valley. Alameda County also has plenty of Baby Boomers, with 12.7% of residents aged 65 or over.
Baby Boomers are the wealthiest generation in history. That means that there will be a massive transfer of wealth in the coming years as Boomers make estates and trusts for their loved ones.
Trusts are the most frequent method of wealth transfer for a wealthy estate. When circumstances are right, a trust maker will have property and assets transferred in an orderly manner to rightful beneficiaries. That’s the majority of cases – but in others, wrongdoers attempt gain control of estates by fraudulent means.
It’s cases like these that pave the way for a trust beneficiary lawsuit. Alameda trust beneficiary lawsuits are usually caused by the following factors:
- The wrongdoer modifies the trust while exercising undue influence on ailing trust maker or exploiting their incapacity;
- Petitions for trust accountings against trustees who fail to make their annual accountings to trust beneficiaries;
- Stepmothers who play a role in freezing out their spouse’s biological children from the trust;
- Breach of fiduciary duty by the trustee, causing damage to the trust beneficiaries;
- Trustee removal when the trustee had engaged in wrongdoing or failed to properly administer the trust.
At Hackard Law we’re dedicated to representing trust beneficiaries, aggrieved heirs of estates and victims of elder financial abuse and undue influence.
We protect Alameda beneficiaries on a regular basis, from trust litigation to mediation towards a favorable solution for our clients.
We focus on significant cases where we think that we can make a substantial difference and there is a wrongdoer who can be made financially accountable for their wrongdoing.
If you would like to speak with us about your case, call us at Hackard Law: (916) 313-3030. We want to hear your story.
Attorney Michael Hackard
Michael Hackard is a top rated “AV” for over 20 years (“AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment- a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.”). Avvo also ranks him with their highest rating – “ 10.0 Rating – ‘Superb.’” Michael is also a “SuperLawyer” – an honor reserved for no more than five percent of attorneys in each state. [ Attorney Bio ]
- Abused Beneficiaries
- Catastrophic Injury
- Celebrity Estate Battles
- Coronavirus Liability
- Dependent Adult Financial Abuse
- Elder Financial Abuse
- Estate Litigation
- Estate Planning
- Firm News
- Legal Advocacy
- Life Insurance Beneficiary Litigation
- Trust Litigation
- Trusts Accounting
- Will Contests
- Wrongful Death