Attorney Michael A. Hackard
Michael regularly represents clients in California and federal courts and his experience has also included representing clients before federal, state and local legislative and administrative bodies.
Michael is a native of Sacramento, California. His practice includes the representation of out-of-state clients in California related legal matters. Michael is committed to lifelong learning, including executive-level courses at Dartmouth University’s Tuck School of Business, the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, Columbia Business School and Northwest University’s Kellogg School of Management.
Michael is dedicated to his clients. His experience teaches him that litigation clients first seek an attorney will listen and be committed to them. This commitment includes an understanding that the client’s personal and/or financial safety is often paramount, coupled with the need for real-time efforts to prevent disputed matters from getting worse.
Michael Hackard is a top rated “AV” for over 20 years (“AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment- a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.”). Avvo also ranks him with their highest rating – “ 10.0 Rating – ‘Superb.’” Michael is also a “SuperLawyer” – an honor reserved for no more than five percent of attorneys in each state.
- Estate & Trust Litigation
- Cases of Undue Influence and Elder Financial Abuse
- Trust Accountings
- Trustee Removal
- Life Insurance Beneficiary Litigation
- Will Contests
- BA from California State University, Sacramento 1972
- JD from McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific 1976
Bar Admissions & Professional Associations
- California State Bar since 1976 (State Bar #71067)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association from 2012
- Eastern District of California from 1976
- US Court of Appeals 9th Circuit from 1985