Trust Litigation Scenarios | Part 3
- June 13, 2022 - Abused Beneficiaries, Trust Litigation,
I’m Mike Hackard with Hackard Law. This is part three of our “What If” series.
Each series has a number of questions – or “what ifs” – common to estate and trust litigation. Here are a few more.
- What if family members and friends want to petition the court to obtain an anti-isolation restraining order against someone who is repeatedly preventing contact with an elder or dependent adult?
- What if an agent under a financial power of attorney exploits an elder by using fraudulent, illegal, unauthorized, or improper acts that use the elder’s resources for the agent’s monetary or personal benefit, profit, or gain?
- What if property acquired by a married person during the marriage is titled only in the name of the other spouse?
- What if a guardian ad litem is appointed by the court to assist an adult who is having difficulty with assisting his counsel?
- What if the decedent prepared a handwritten will that is not witnessed?
Finding the answer to each of these questions will depend upon the unique circumstances of every individual case.
If you’re facing one or more of these “what ifs” and you want to talk about it, call us at Hackard Law: 916 -313-3030. We make it a practice of handling “what ifs” in California’s courts.
Hackard Law: Attorneys Making a Difference
Attorney Michael Hackard
Michael Hackard is a top rated “AV” for over 20 years (“AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment- a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.”). Avvo also ranks him with their highest rating – “ 10.0 Rating – ‘Superb.’” Michael is also a “SuperLawyer” – an honor reserved for no more than five percent of attorneys in each state. [ Attorney Bio ]
- Abused Beneficiaries
- Catastrophic Injury
- Celebrity Estate Battles
- Coronavirus Liability
- Dependent Adult Financial Abuse
- Elder Financial Abuse
- Estate Litigation
- Estate Planning
- Firm News
- Legal Advocacy
- Life Insurance Beneficiary Litigation
- Trust Litigation
- Trusts Accounting
- Will Contests
- Wrongful Death